Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'll save this breakfast for a saturday morning when I know I have the time to fully enjoy it. So simple, so good. This recipe comes from a Rose Reisman book. Make it a little more healthy by using egg whites and a multi grain or rye bread.
- 2 eggs
- 1 ounce goat cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 slice bread, toasted
- Beat eggs.
- In a small skillet sprayed with vegetable spray add the beaten eggs and begin to cook on medium heat.
- After 2 minutes sprinkle the goat cheese, green onions, cilantro, salt and pepper over top and cook for 3 more minutes or just until omelette is no longer runny.
- Flip in half and serve overtop the toast.
This was OK. We probably won't make it again. It's surprisingly bland given the ingredients. Also, for those of you who make more than one serving at a time, the times given in the recipe will not apply and you'll have to cook it by appearance.
This is, of course, a delightful and simple omelette. I used feta (goat cheese) and no toast, which made it gluten free. Thank you for posting it.