Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
A healthier alternative to spring rolls and easy to prepare. From BBC "Good Food" magazine.
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 120 g fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 100 g fresh bean sprouts
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and slice finely.
- Heat the tbsp oil and fry the carrot and mushroom for 2 minutes.
- Add ginger, garlic, onion and beansprouts and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Season with the soy and set aside.
- Beat together the eggs with the 1 tsp oil.
- Heat a medium frying pan and add a little egg (enough to just cover the bottom).
- Swirl in the pan and then flip when the edges become golden.
- Remove from pan and repeat until you have 6 pancakes.
- Cut each pancake in half.
- In the centre of the half moon place a spoonful of vegetable filling.
- Roll up so filling is secure, tucking the edges in as you go, repeat for the rest of the pancakes.
- Steam the rolls briefly to warm up (or microwave briefly) and serve.