Recipe by kellychris
Posted for ZWT6. From "The German Cookbook" by Mimi Sheraton.
Top Review by Tea Jenny
WOW!!! Kelly this is yummy. I have never made a sweet omelette before let alone a souffle one. I cut the recipe by half and I kind of thought it might not work, but it did I just used a smaller skillet. I filled it with raspberry jam and a sprinkle of powdered sugar. I will most definitely make this again. Thank you for posting. Made for ZWT#6 2010
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- salt (dash)
- 1 lemon rind, grated
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon butter
- fruit sauce (apricot, strawberry, or raspberry are especially good with this) or preserves (apricot, strawberry, or raspberry are especially good with this)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg yolks with sugar, salt, and lemon rind.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into yolk mixture.
- Heat butter in a 9" skillet.
- When begins to bubble, add egg mixture.
- Cook slowly til bottom is golden brown.
- Cover pan til top is completely cooked, or serve with top SLIGHTLY runny, as with a regular French omelette.
- You may also turn it browned on both sides.
- Spread with fruit sauce or preserves.
- Fold in half and serve.