Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Slightly spicy omelette on a soft roll, what a breakfast treat!
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 hoagie rolls
- Beat eggs with 1 tbs water and cumin.
- Coat bottom of non stick pan with 1 tbs oil.
- Pour in enough egg mixture to coat bottom of pan.
- Push cooked edges into center allowing uncooked egg to flow around pan, do this twice.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- When almost cooked through, fold in half.
- Repeat with remaining egg mixture.
- Split rolls in half and place omelette into each roll.
- Top with tomato salsa.
I too omitted the oil and made as one serve and really loved the taste of the cumin in the omelette, thank you Creole cookin', made for Name that Ingredient tag game.
Quick, easy, delicious! I halved this recipe, omitted the oil and used whole wheat dinner rolls. Thanks for a terrific brunch!