Recipe by Darkhunter
Posted for ZWT6 for Great Britain leg of tour. This late supper dish was created at the Savoy Hotel for the writer and critic who used to dine there after an evening at the theatre. It was elaborate but delicious, perhaps like Bennett's rich Victorian prose. This can easily be doubled to make a dish for 2.
- 3 ounces finnan haddock, cooked and flaked
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1⁄2 ounces butter
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat broiler.
- Combine haddock and cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs and water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in omelette pan and add eggs.
- Add fish and cheese on top of eggs just when they are beginning to set.
- Immediately add cream to pan and place under broiler, just until the top is browned.
- Slide on to warmed plate and serve immediately.