Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here's a pantry/freezer challenge meal that I made earlier this month. This was very much an experiment...And when I make it again, I'd use Swiss cheese. Not Feta. As part of making a little more room in the pantry and freezer, I have found myself rummaging through each every afternoon looking for something to concoct. Sometimes it's an old recipe from the site, other times it's using up the spaghetti sauce that I find. And this meal was a concoction. I found Feta in the freezer. Cooked turkey bacon in the freezer. Onions in the cupboard and a red pepper in the fridge. Throw if all together...a breakfast for dinner.
- Place the onion slice in a skillet over low heat with the olive oil and sugar. Cook over low heat, stirring often, for about 30 minutes to caramelize the onions.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk with some salt and pepper.
- Add about 1-2 tablespoons oil to a small skillet or omelet pan. Cook the omelet. Add the Feta, bacon and red pepper to the middle before folding over to serve.
- Slide the omelet onto the serving plate and top with caramelized onions and some salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve Omelets with Caramelized Onions and Bacon with a side of Fresh Fruit.