1/1 Photo of Omelets With Caramelized Onions and Bacon Crumbles
Here's a pantry/freezer challenge meal that I made earlier this month. This was very much an experiment...And when I make it again, I'd use Swiss cheese. Not Feta. As part of making a little more room in the pantry and freezer, I have found myself rummaging through each every afternoon looking for something to concoct. Sometimes it's an old recipe from the site, other times it's using up the spaghetti sauce that I find. And this meal was a concoction. I found Feta in the freezer. Cooked turkey bacon in the freezer. Onions in the cupboard and a red pepper in the fridge. Throw if all together...a breakfast for dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the onion slice in a skillet over low heat with the olive oil and sugar. Cook over low heat, stirring often, for about 30 minutes to caramelize the onions.
- 2Whisk together the eggs and milk with some salt and pepper.
- 3Add about 1-2 tablespoons oil to a small skillet or omelet pan. Cook the omelet. Add the Feta, bacon and red pepper to the middle before folding over to serve.
- 4Slide the omelet onto the serving plate and top with caramelized onions and some salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Serve Omelets with Caramelized Onions and Bacon with a side of Fresh Fruit.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Omelets With Caramelized Onions and Bacon Crumbles
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.3
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 594.5 mg
- Sodium 634.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 25.9 g