1/4 Photos of Omelet With Fresh Fruit Compote
This is a light refereshing omelet complimented with freesh fruit. You may change the fruit to whatever is in season - make it tropical or have an all an berry compote. If you do not wish to marinate in wine use apple juice. I like to cook two separate omeletes - I think they look nicer on the plate. If you wish to do this just pour half of the egg mixture in one pan and the rest in another -then follow the recipe. I do recommend sprinkling on the Grand Marnier.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 blood orange, peeled, pith removed and sectioned (sections cut in half)
- 24 green grapes, cut in half
- 1 banana, sliced
- 8 strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons sour cream or 4 tablespoons cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons Grand Marnier (optional)
- 1Prepare the fruit, mix together, sprinkle with cinnamon and pour in the wine, mix.
- 2Refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- 3Beat your omelet ingredients together, (eggs, flour, sourcream & milk) and 10 minutes before serving pour the egg mixture into a large non stick or lightly greased fry pan.
- 4Cover, lift the edges and let the egg run under the cooked areas, cook for apprx 5 minutes .
- 5It will be golden on the bottom and just cooked on top.
- 6Drain the wine from the fruit (sip it, the cook deserves a reward).
- 7Place a few spoonfuls of fruit on half the omelet, drizzle with the honey, fold over, cut in half and remove to two warm plates.
- 8Spoon remaining fruit over top, sprinkle with pecans .
- 9Sprinkle with Grand Marnier and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Omelet With Fresh Fruit Compote
Serving Size: 1 (1925 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 616.3
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 437.8 mg
- Sodium 173.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 52.4 g
- Protein 18.9 g