Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Try this recipe if you have some edible flower available and impress your guests! I used mustard, chamomile, tassel hyacinth, and borage flowers.
- 1 cup fresh edible flower
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese (for example parmesan)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (for frying)
- Beat eggs add water and flour and make a batter.
- Combine with cheese, flowers, salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Poor the mixture in the pan or take spoonfuls of batter and drop into the oil.
- When the bottom side of the omelet is golden brown turn it over the cooked on the other side4.
I cut the recipe in half and the flowers used were the blooms of lemon verbena, sage, lavender and violets all from our garden. Tried Grana Padano cheese, sprinkled with Corsican salt and 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil was replaced with real butter. This reminded us of a thin quiche and was most unusual in texture-not what we were expecting. Served with Persian Kidney Beans, Radish and fresh corn on the cob. Thank you! Reviewed for NA*ME tag/July.