Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Prepare the night before...for an easy Brunch......
- 16 slices sandwich bread
- 8 slices cheese
- 16 slices ham
- butter (for bread)
- 3 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Remove crusts from bread.
- After buttering bread on both sides, place 8 slices in greased baking pan.
- Top bread with 1 slice cheese and 2 slices ham.
- Top with other 8 slices of buttered bread.
- Pour the mixture of eggs, milk, salt, and mustard over sandwiches and refrigerate overnight.
- Before baking, sprinkle with cornflake crumbs and margarine over top.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
Very easy to make and a wonderful. I added mixed herbs rosemary, thyme oregno and chillie flakes. tasted real good. for non meat eaters use chopped tomatoes, carrots and cauliflower instead of ham. Thanks for a great recipe
Very simple to prepare and very good! Tastes great without the cornflake topping .. I'll make this again, thanks!
Wanted to make it but couldn't because it didn't have the amount of milk needed in recipe...please correct so I can try this...thanx