1/2 Photos of Omelet Pizza
Ideal for brunch or lunch or supper! It's diabetic friendly and gluten-free. It's not my recipe: I am saving it from a local S A Sunday Times supplement, Foodweekly (May 6, 2012). I tweaked the recipe a little. Prep and cooking times are a guess. I'd serve this with a cool, fresh green salad with a vinaigrette dressing, and maybe ciabatta ... (I added approx. American measurements where necessary).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 eggs, extra-large
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs, Italian mix
- 3 tablespoons water
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 100 ml tomato sauce, ready-made (the type used for pizzas and pasta, 1/3 cup)
- 125 ml bacon bits, crisply fried (4 oz, can use chopped bacon)
- 1/3 cup olive, black, pitted (more or less, to your taste)
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1Preheat your oven grill element.
- 2Whisk the eggs with the herbs, water, salt and pepper. Do not over-mix.
- 3Heat the butter and oil in a large nonstick pan, pour in the egg mixture, and cook until just set on the bottom. (Watch your hob heat).
- 4Place the pan under the heated grill element, only until the eggs are lightly set on top. Remove the pan from the oven.
- 5Spread with the tomato sauce, and sprinkle with the fried bacon, olives, mushrooms, cheddar and mozzarella.
- 6Grill until the cheese melts. Cut into 6 wedges to serve.
- 7PS: It might be a better idea to lightly fry the mushrooms with the bacon, instead of using them raw, as the recipe says. And please add seasonings to your taste. I haven't tried this recipe yet, but it looks like a very practical solution for a light, meat-free meal.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Omelet Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.1
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 394.3 mg
- Sodium 420.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 17.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: