A neat way to use these inexpensive blossoms (a blessing if you garden). This is from Mireille Guilano. I haven't tried this way yet (having previously always fried them) but am looking forward to it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat the eggs and water, and add the flowers to the mix.
- 2Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3Heat the butter in a skillet til very hot, then add the eggs.
- 4After it begins to set, crumble the goat cheese evenly over it.
- 5Stop cooking when just barely set, to avoid drying it out.
- 6Garnish with herbs and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Omelet of Zucchini Flowers
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.2
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 536.3 mg
- Sodium 195.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 15.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh goat cheese