1/2 Photos of Omelet à La Ciboulette
This is a chive omelette with Gruyère and Canadian bacon. It's so good and I've made it several times. My kids even like it. This only makes one serving, but it's quick and easy to make more than one. I decided to post it for Zaar World Tour 05.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- 2Saute the bacon until lightly browned; set aside.
- 3Whisk the eggs with chives, milk and a few pinches of salt & pepper to taste. Note: You can substitute water for the milk.
- 4Melt the butter in an 8" skillet over medium high heat. When the butter has stopped foaming swirl it to coat the bootom of the pan and add the egg mixture. Lightly scramble the eggs using small circular motions. You may use the back of a fork, keeping it flat on the bottom of the pan. As the egg mixture firms, hold some back from the side of the pan and tilt the pan to spread the eggs over the bottom.
- 5Scatter the Gruyère over the omelett being sure to leave a margin around the edges and add the bacon. Lift 1/3 of the omelett and fold it over the center using a spatuala. Tilt the pan toward the plat2 so that 1/3 of the omelette hangs over the edge.
- 6Invert the pan, using the spatula for support so that it flips neatly over onto itself out of the pan onto the plate.
- 7Garnish with more chives and serve immeadiately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Omelet à La Ciboulette
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.1
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 481.5 mg
- Sodium 616.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 25.0 g