1/2 Photos of Omelet for One
For more servings this recipe increases easily. Recipe source: local newspaper
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt one tablespoon of the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft (2 minutes).
- 2Add mushroom and cook another 2 minutes (or until mushroom is soft).
- 3Add bell pepper and cook another 2 minutes (or until pepper is soft). Remove from heat and stir in parsley.
- 4Remove vegetables from skillet and set aside.
- 5Beat eggs with 1 tablespoon water and salt and pepper.
- 6Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in an 8-inch non-stick skillet (or use the same skillet used to cook vegetables in). Pour in the eggs. Cook until edges begin to set- watch because it cooks fast (2-3 seconds).
- 7With a silicone spatula, stir mixture gently in a circular motion until thickened (10 seconds). Push back egg (from the edges of the pan) that has set so uncooked egg can run underneath. After about 20-30 seconds the top will be still wet but not runny and the omlet will be done. Remove skillet from heat.
- 8With a silicone spatula fold the lower third (closest to you) of the omlet to the center and then the far edge (1/3rd) towards the center.
- 9Make a shallow slit the length of the omlet and spoon the vegetables onto it.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Omelet for One
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.7
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 433.0 mg
- Sodium 347.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 13.6 g