Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
For more servings this recipe increases easily. Recipe source: local newspaper
Make and share this Omelet for One recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced onions (about 1/4 onion)
- 1 mushroom, washed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper (about 1/8 of a pepper)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- Melt one tablespoon of the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft (2 minutes).
- Add mushroom and cook another 2 minutes (or until mushroom is soft).
- Add bell pepper and cook another 2 minutes (or until pepper is soft). Remove from heat and stir in parsley.
- Remove vegetables from skillet and set aside.
- Beat eggs with 1 tablespoon water and salt and pepper.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in an 8-inch non-stick skillet (or use the same skillet used to cook vegetables in). Pour in the eggs. Cook until edges begin to set- watch because it cooks fast (2-3 seconds).
- With a silicone spatula, stir mixture gently in a circular motion until thickened (10 seconds). Push back egg (from the edges of the pan) that has set so uncooked egg can run underneath. After about 20-30 seconds the top will be still wet but not runny and the omlet will be done. Remove skillet from heat.
- With a silicone spatula fold the lower third (closest to you) of the omlet to the center and then the far edge (1/3rd) towards the center.
- Make a shallow slit the length of the omlet and spoon the vegetables onto it.
- Serve immediately.
A tasty omelette and loved the choice of vegies, though I did add a sprinkle of sharp cheddar cheese and served with wholemeal/wholegrain toast for a very filling breakfast. Thank you ellie_, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.
A truly tasty veggie omelet that makes a great light vegetarian dinner! Thought I would miss the addition of cheese but I did not :) Thanks for the post.
Really good, clear recipe. I used margarine, added more mushrooms and a bit of cheese but otherwise followed the recipe.