Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This omelet recipe looked like an interesting take on traditional omelet fillings. Would make a different entree for brunch! Taken from "The Ultimate Cooking Course", 2003.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup small shrimp, shelled & cooked
- 1⁄2 cup crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup cooked ham, diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce, plus add'l for serving
- 8 -12 eggs
- salt & pepper
- 4 -6 tablespoons butter
- Heat oil in frying pan over med heat. Add scallions, celery, ginger, and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add shrimp, crabmeat, and ham. Sprinkle with cilantro and soy sauce. Reduce heat to low and leave mixture to heat through; stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, make 4 omelets: using 2-3 eggs for each, season and cook each in 1-1 1/2 tablespoons butter.
- Before rolling or folding each omelet, spoon 1/4 of the meat mixture into center.
- Serve hot, with add'l soy sauce for sprinkling.