This omelet recipe looked like an interesting take on traditional omelet fillings. Would make a different entree for brunch! Taken from "The Ultimate Cooking Course", 2003.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup scallion, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup small shrimp, shelled & cooked
- 1/2 cup crabmeat
- 1/4 cup cooked ham, diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce, plus add'l for serving
- 8 -12 eggs
- salt & pepper
- 4 -6 tablespoons butter
- 1Heat oil in frying pan over med heat. Add scallions, celery, ginger, and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- 2Add shrimp, crabmeat, and ham. Sprinkle with cilantro and soy sauce. Reduce heat to low and leave mixture to heat through; stirring occasionally.
- 3Meanwhile, make 4 omelets: using 2-3 eggs for each, season and cook each in 1-1 1/2 tablespoons butter.
- 4Before rolling or folding each omelet, spoon 1/4 of the meat mixture into center.
- 5Serve hot, with add'l soy sauce for sprinkling.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Omelet Foo Yung
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.2
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 461.4 mg
- Sodium 485.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 15.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: