- 2 eggs, beaten
- black pepper, as needed
- 1⁄3 cup leftover taco meat, warmed (your choice- beef, chicken, tempeh, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- green onion, slices
- sliced ripe olives
- fresh cilantro leaves or fresh parsley leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the omelet as indicated by the recipe directions. (The omelet recipe specifies using 3 eggs. You can use 2 or 3 eggs-your choice).
- Top the omelet with the warmed taco meat filling. Season with black pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the omelet with the cheese and garnish with your favorite toppings or the suggested toppings listed above.
- Cookgirl in no way advocates using this filling in crispy taco shells. What comes around goes around -- .