Recipe by Oolala
From an email recipe exchange that I just got. I haven't made it yet so I am guessing the time and yield. You use a dozen eggs. It sounds like there's a lot of room for creativity with this recipe.
- 12 eggs, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1⁄2 large green pepper, diced (optional)
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- spinach (optional)
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- parsley flakes, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9X13 baking dish.
- Mix together flour, salt, baking powder, and pepper.
- Add to the beaten eggs.
- Mix in the cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, onion, the mushrooms and spinach and melted butter.
- Pour into the baking dish.
- Lay sliced tomatoes on top of the egg mixture and gently press with a fork.
- Sprinkle with parsley flakes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
- Let set for 15 minutes before serving.