Recipe by commercesd
This is a quick and easy rolled omelet that resembles a burrito, but without the tortilla. Great for taking on the go and for people cutting carbs.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 ounces chorizo sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 -2 tablespoon salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a skillet over high heat. Add canola oil and chorizo. Cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Heat butter in small nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into pan.
- Cook eggs, stirring constantly until eggs start to set but are still loose.
- Spoon chorizo down the center, top with cheese.
- When cheese is melted, add salsa and yogurt on top of cheese.
- Cook until almost set, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Roll egg so it looks like a taquito.
- Garnish on a plate with cilantro and serve or wrap in foil to go.
- Other optional ingredients: cooked potato, bacon, regular sausage, any vegetable.