Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love eggs in any form. I'm especially fond of omelets and love to play with them. I've been putzing around with this one, it seems like forever. I must like it or I would have given up on it years ago. The times are a guess.
- 1⁄2 cup shredded or chopped cooked beef or 1⁄2 cup pork or 1⁄2 cup chicken or 1⁄2 cup turkey or 1⁄2 cup ham or 1⁄2 cup bacon or 1⁄2 cup sausage (Breakfast or Italian, sweet or hot, Bratwurst, Andouille, Polish, Smoked, you get the idea)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped (Yellow, White,or Sweet all work well)
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 burrito-size flour tortillas or 2 small tortillas
- fresh salsa (NurseDi's Chilean Salsa #63836 is outstanding)
- Prep everything.
- Heat large frying pan over medium high heat, Add oil.
- Saute (stir fry) Peppers and Onions'til onions are translucient.
- Beat the Eggs with the Cayenne.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the meat, mix well.
- Shred the tortilla (s) into fingernail sized pieces.
- Add to eggs mixture, mix well.
- Spread peppers and onions evenly in pan.
- Pour the egg mixture into pan, spread evenly.
- Brown one side, turn, but do not fold, brown the other.
- Serve with Salsa Fresca and/or anything else you might like.
- Sour Cream, Queso Fresca, or Guacamole come to mind.
Great almost Mexie omelet. I took your advice and used Nurse Di's salsa recipe - perfect with it. Corn tortillas were excellent in it - I crisped them a bit adding them to the onions & peppers before adding the eggs. I cut the recipe back to a 2 egg omelet with no problem. Thanks Pierre for a lovely Sundau Brunch