Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My grandmother has made these cookies every Christmas since I can remember. She would always have empty coffee cans filled with these goodies for everyone to dip into when they came over. I had to add her recipe to my file so I can keep the tradition going here with my family. My favorite way to make them is to dip them in melted chocolate after they bake and cool, then dip them in sprinkles.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- candied candy sprinkles
- melted chocolate, for dipping
- Mix butter, sugar, egg and almond extract until well mixed.
- In seperate bowl, mix all purpose flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix dry ingredients gradually into wet until well incorporated.
- Press dough through a cookie press onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- I like pressing mine through a star shape, and making candy cane shapes or 2 inch straight line.
- Bake on 350 for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool and dip ends into melted chocolate and sprinkle with candied sprinkles.
- Place on waxed paper to let chocolate harden.