1/8 Photos of Oma's Boterkoek (Dutch Buttercake)
This is Boterkoek (Dutch Buttercake) just like my Oma (grandma) used to make. She passed away over a year ago now and I really started to crave it. I hope you like it as much as I did growing up! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium bowl, mix together butter, sugar and almond extract.
- 2Add beaten egg except for 1 teaspoon.
- 3Sift flour and baking powder, and add to bowl, mixing with wet ingredients.
- 4Put dough in greased 9 inch pie plate.
- 5Mix the reserved 1 tsp of beaten egg with 1 tsp of water, and brush over dough.
- 6Sprinkle with sliced almonds, if desired. (My Oma always used the almonds, it looks pretty and adds a nice touch!).
- 7Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until done (firm to the touch).
- 8This is a dense cake, but should be soft on the inside and hard on the outside, but not too hard!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oma's Boterkoek (Dutch Buttercake)
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.4
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 42.6 mg
- Sodium 111.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 2.2 g