Prep 1 hr
Cook 17 mins
Add these cookies to your holiday list, or just try them with afternoon tea.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 hard-boiled egg yolks, pushed through a sieve
- 1 raw egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 14 sugar cubes, crushed or 14 sugar
- Beat butter for 30 seconds with a hand mixer or a stand mixer.
- Add powdered sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolk and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour.
- Cover and chill dough for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Work with a small amount of dough at a time and keep the remainder chilled until needed.
- Using one tablespoon of dough for each cookie, roll into a 6 inch rope.
- Shape each rope into a wreath, then overlap the dough about 1 inch from the ends.
- Brush with the egg white and then sprinkle with the sugar.
- Place cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden.
- Cool cookies for a minute on the pan and then remove to a wire rack.