This is from Sasha Martin. *Very Important 100% pure Frankincense oil should never be consumed “straight,” but should always be diluted. Please read the following article on the side effects (and benefits) of consuming Frankincense essential oils prior to consuming frankincense oil. While their label may say “Not for consumption”, the company Aura Cacia (available at Whole Foods) has stated that (for their products) this has more to do with USDA regulations than the actual safety of the product (assuming that the essential oil is 100% pure boswellia sacra, with no additives). Read the entire article for more information. After reading all this material I felt comfortable serving this dish to my family (as they do in Oman without a second thought). None of us suffered any ill effects. Please make the decision that’s right for your family. (freezing time is however long your machine takes). Article: http://globaltableadventure.com/2012/08/09/recipe-frankincense-ice-cream/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Breathe in the beauty of Frankincense, close your eyes and travel to the exotic heart of Oman.
- 2On your voyage you’ll need little more than cream, milk, sugar, eggs and… 100% pure Frankincense oil (Boswellia Sacra).
- 3First, whip three golden balls of sunshine (egg yolks) with a 1/2 cup of sugar, You want the mixture to become thick and soft yellow.
- 4Meanwhile, heat up the milk, cream and remaining sugar in a medium pot. Slide off the stove right before it reaches a bubble and whisk the hot liquid a little at a time into your egg mixture.
- 5Return to medium-low heat and cook until thickened and the velvety mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- 6Even the steam crawls through the air like incense, Beautiful.
- 7Whisk in the frankincense drops to taste and strain. Tip: the oil will want to separate so move quickly to incorporate it (as though you’re making salad dressing). Chill the mixture in an ice bath or overnight in the refrigerator.
- 8Churn in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- 9Enjoy the moment.
- 10Wrap yourself in relaxation.
- 11Let the ice cream lift your senses and encourage a smile to curl up from the corner of your lips.
- 12It’s worth it.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Omans' Gift: Frankincense Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (1213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2543.8
- Calories from Fat 1499
- Total Fat 166.6 g
- Saturated Fat 100.5 g
- Cholesterol 1072.5 mg
- Sodium 458.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 239.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 200.2 g
- Protein 34.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: