Recipe by Sharon123
These are the traditional spices used in stews, soups, rice, etc. made in Oman.
Top Review by threeovens
Even though I've seen these spices in other cuisines, for some reason they are absolutely delicious in this combination and proportion. I used it to season cauliflower and sweet potato chunks I was roasting. I stirred it into some rice also. Then I stirred it all together.
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 -3 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (optional-will add a yellow color to food)