Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This can be served over ice in the warm weather or hot in the winter. From An Omani Kitchen. Oman is an Arab state in southwest Asia on the southeast coast of the Arabian Peninsula.
- 1 cup loose dried hibiscus flowers
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 slices fresh ginger
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup sugar (or may use honey or other sweetner)
- Put all of the ingredients and 7 cups of water into a tea kettle or pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain into a large pitcher and add another 4 cups of water. (If desired, add a little more sugar to taste.)
- Chill and serve over ice.
- VARIATION: In cold weather, serve as a hot tea.
Quick, easy & soothing when hot. I've been eyeing this since first added to the 'Exploring Oman' cb but made it when the yukkies started to move into my body. You can SMELL the vitamin c. ;) I'm drinking it warm today but will enjoy this in the summer, too. I did add extra cloves & ginger just because I like it strong. Mmmmm...thank you!
i loved this i used 1/2 honey and 1/2 sugar i get the flowers for this at a mexican store im drinking it warm right now