Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the omanicuisine website. slightly changed to suit US ingredients. Untried as yet. Preparation time does not include making the sauce.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- extra virgin olive oil
- Crush the garlic cloves, add half of the black pepper, honey, vinegar, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce, mix them well and then put the combination in the fridge for half an hour to allow the flavour to blend.
- Season the chicken breast with salt and the remaining crushed pepper.
- Heat a frying pan and drizzle some EVOO. When the pan is screamingly hot place the breasts on it.
- Get the mix from the fridge and wait for one of the sides of the chicken breast to whiten in colour, when that happens, flip the chicken breast and brush that with the mix. Wait for the other side to whiten, then flip and brush. Repeat the process until the mix finishes.
- Add water to the pan, wait for the water to evaporate, then check if the chicken is cooked using the knife test. Repeat this stage until the chicken is cooked.