Recipe by Annacia
While, personally, I might not have chosen to call any food a Barfi this is it's name and has been in Oman for many generations. Irregardless of the name these easy candy like nut treats are delicious and simple to make.
- 1 cup cashew nuts, broken (100 grams)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (50 grams)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the cashew nuts in warm water for about 30 minutes and wash them 2 to 3 times.
- Drain all the water out and blend the cashew nuts to a fine paste, keep aside.
- Dissolve the sugar and powdered milk in 1/2 cup of water and prepare a syrup of one string consistency.
- Add the cashew paste to the syrup and cook over a medium flame, stirring continuously till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan (approx. 5 to 7 minutes).
- Transfer to a plate and cool.
- Cut in diamond shape pieces.
- Store in refrigerator.