Recipe by ElaineAnn
ZWT6 - NA*ME
Top Review by FloridaNative
OMG - this is a fabulous soup !!! I did not add the wine, as I just do not like cooking with wine for the most part, but made as directed except for that. What a wonderfully rich flavor with a great mix of veggies. I will definitely make this again - both DH and I had 2 bowls each and a salad. GREAT SOUP. Thanks for posting ElaineAnn - made for your FOOTBALL POOL WEEK #8 WIN, November 2010!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (32 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup beef consomme
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup ditalini or 1⁄2 cup macaroni
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- In Dutch oven brown meat. Drain.
- Brown onion and garlic. Add reserved meat back into Dutch oven.
- Add carrots, garbanzos, tomatoes, beef broth, water, wine, bay leaf, salt and pepper and basil.
- Boil. Then simmer 45 minutes, covered.
- After 45 minutes, add ditalini. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add peas and cook 10 more minutes. .
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese, bread and salad.