Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is more of a dip than a dressing. Great with sliced apples, pears, strawberries. Wonderful for a party tray. It's absolutely marvelous darling!
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cool Whip
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (at room temp)
- Stir first six ingredients together in a saucepan.
- Cook until thickened.
- Remove from burner and cool slightly.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add Cool Whip and the custard sauce.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve as a dip with sliced apples, pears, strawberries, etc.