This is my great grandmothers recipe that has been passed down. She was from Grodtiz, Saxony, Germany. We love to freeze these dumplings, and serve them typically in a chicken broth.....We just love them!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml parsley, chopped
- 283.49 g frozen chopped spinach
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml oil or 29.58 ml Crisco
- 1 small handful oatmeal
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 4 extra large eggs
- 907.18 g ground beef, round or 907.18 g chuck
- 1Bring oil and spinach to low.
- 2Add onion, parsley, oatmeal, salt and pepper.
- 3Simmer for 10 min, and let cool in fridge.
- 4After spinach mixture is cool add two pounds of ground chuck or round and the 4 eggs.
- 5Return mixture to fridge until ready.
- 6Make the dough:.
- 7Combine water salt and eggs.
- 8Add 1+cup of flower until at "perfect" consistency.
- 9Divide into three balls, Roll out one at a time to about 1/16th inch thick.
- 10Place about 1inch balls onto rolled out dough and for rectangular ravioli shaped dumplings. Roll and use fork to crimp the ends. Dumpling ending at about two inches long. (feel free to be creative on the shape).
- 11Boil slowly for 12 minutes.
- 12Serve in chicken broth, or freeze for later.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oma Reich's Maultaschen - Addicting German Stuffed Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (2044 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.2
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 60.1 mg
- Sodium 173.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: