Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- 1 (16 ounce) packagepercatelli macaroni
- 12 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, slice into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Boil the Percatelli about 15 minutes in salted water.
- Mix the milk and eggs together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Rub the butter in a deep baking dish, covering all sides and bottom.
- Place 1/2 of the percatelli in the baking dish.
- Place 1/2 of the cheese on the top of the percatelli.
- Pour the remainder of the percatelli into the baking dish.
- Top with the remainder of the cheese slices.
- Pour the milk & egg mixture over the macaroni.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1/2 hour. Turn down the heat to 250 degrees for another 1/2 hour.
- Remove from oven.
- Serve with Heinz chili sauce.