Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Given to me by a friend, this is her Oma's relish recipe. Best relish I have ever had and easy to make. I process the vegetables in the food processor.
- 2 quarts cucumbers, finely diced
- 1 quart onion, finely diced
- 1 quart celery, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon pickling salt
- 5 cups vinegar
- 5 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons celery seeds
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- Combine the vegetables in a large plastic bowl and mix with the tablespoon salt. Let stand 4 - 5 hrs, drain well.
- Bring the remaining ingredients to boil.
- Add vegetables and boil hard for 10 minutes.
- Pour into hot, sterilized jars, seal.
- Process for 10 min in a hot water bath.