Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Breads of the World. Serve with a glass of beer. Posted for ZWT6.
- 1 teaspoon butter (or as needed)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 slice pumpernickel bread
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Melt butter in a skillet and saute the onion until wilted.
- Add mushrooms and cook until light brown and a little crisped around the edges.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture onto bread.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
Delicious sandwich! I prepared this as written except for omitting the parsley. Thank you for a great lunch.
A great sandwich! Was having one of those days, you all know what I mean. Tried to make as written but first chopped a red onion instead of a white onion and second chopped the parsley and left it in the bowl thus why it not showing in the photo. But even with those two errors this was a great sandwich that I will be making again. Thanks so much for the post.
What a yummy sandwich. I was really tempted to add some garlic and an herb or two but decided to go by just what the recipe ask for and I'm so glad that I did, I used a small sweet onion and a pinch Greek seasoned sea salt. It didn't need another thing. I will certainly be making this again, and soon.