1/4 Photos of Olney Inn Imperial Crab
The Maryland Olney Inn opened in 1926 in Mechanicsberg, MD, (now Olney, MD) in the Farquhar home, with 3 tables. It soon became "the place to go" and was frequented by FDR. It burned in 1978 in spite of 18 pieces of equipment and more than 100 firefighters. This recipe is simple, elegant and delicious. Our traditional Christmas Eve family dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place crabmeat in large bowl, after removal of cartilage and shell.
- 2Mix mayonnaise, pimento, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and Tabasco together.
- 3Pour over crabmeat and toss GENTLY, not to break lumps.
- 4Divide crabmeat between 8 shell-shaped baking dishes.
- 5Top each shell with 1 tablespoon mayonnaise.
- 6Sprinkle with paprika.
- 7Place baking shells on shallow baking pan (jelly roll type).
- 8Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.
- 9Garnish with sprig of parsley, or cross 2 strips of pimento.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olney Inn Imperial Crab
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.8
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 89.9 mg
- Sodium 856.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 25.4 g