Recipe by Roman Parparov
A part of the complete Rabbit dinner I am creating. The Olivier salad is a Russian classic, but using rabbit meat in it is my idea.
- 2 potatoes, cooked
- 1 carrot, cooked
- 1⁄2 lb rabbit, cooked (meat from ribs and neck is perfect)
- 1 large pickled cucumber, in brine
- 1 ounce green onion
- 1⁄4 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 egg, hardboiled
- 5 ounces baby green peas, canned
- 5 ounces mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Potatoes and carrots should be cooked through, but not falling apart!
- cut all the hard ingredients to 1/6 inch cubes. It really helps to use a special greens' cubing device.
- place the cubes in a large mixing bowl.
- add cheese, onions, mayonnaise, peas and spices.
- mix together, but very carefully, in order not to mash everything.
- serve standalone, or in sandwiches.