Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the National Enquirer’s Special Celebrity Cookbook edition Vol. 2 No. 2 from the ‘90’s. The intro says, “Australian songbird Olivia Newton-John no longer just sings for her supper. She’s a sharp businesswoman who owns a Los Angeles snack bar and clothing boutique. Here, she shares her recipe” for this tasty salad. Serve on a bed of lettuce of your choice.
- 2 (5 ounce) cans albacore tuna in water
- 1⁄4 cup malt vinegar
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup seedless grapes
- 1⁄2 cup white raisins
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup oil-and-vinegar dressing
- Drain tuna.
- Break tuna into bite-sized chunks in medium bowl.
- Toss in remaining ingredients.
I used freshly caught blackfin and this was good! This isn't like your typical tuna salad - tuna is the accent among lots of colorful veggies. It is an economical way to turn a small amount of tuna into a healthy meal for many!
A very nice salad which is quick to prepare and made a delicious midweek meal. Made for Aussie / Kiwi Swap July 2012.