Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another summer pasta salad great for a hot afternoon. I like serving with homemade bread and it makes a great simple lunch. Note: I like using a mix of different olives, but you can use your own favorites.
- 16 ounces pasta
- 1⁄4 cup divided extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces olives, pitted, cut in halves
- 1 (6 ounce) can canned tuna, drained
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons fresh marjoram, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- Cook pasta al dente. Drain.
- Drizzle pasta with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Stir and let cool.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate one hour before serving.
Lovely! Very light flavors; delicious but not overwhelming. I used regular black olives, for fear that something like kalamata would overwhelm everything else -- but I think I'd prefer it with a stronger-tasting olive. I used whole wheat rotelle, and a hand-made mozzarella from Vermont that I picked up at our local farmer's market. Wonderful way to bid adieu to summer foods. Thanks for posting this!