A wonderful way to use zucchini and tomatoes! It's great to sit around the table and eat good food, made with love! Feel free to use yellow squash instead or with the zucchini! Adapted fromKatie Brown Entertains cookbook. Always stir in fresh herbs at the end because they will brown if cooked for too long.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 cups canned whole tomatoes, in juice
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 3 cups roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups zucchini, diced (or use yellow squash)
- 1 cup black olives, pitted, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 (12 ounce) boxes fettuccine pasta
- 3 -4 sprigs fresh parsley (to garnish)
- grated parmesan cheese (or try feta cheese for a change)
- 2Over medium heat, cook the onion and garlic until soft, about 4 minutes.
- 3Add the canned tomatoes with juice, dried parsley, and dried basil and cook 10 minutes more.
- 4Puree the sauce using a food processor or blender, and return to heat.
- 5Add the wine, fresh tomatoes, and zucchini and simmer 10 minutes.
- 6Stir in olives, fresh parsley and fresh basil.
- 7Season with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoons pepper. If sauce is too thick, add a little water to thin it out a bit.
- 9Boil about 4 cups of water with 1 tbls. salt.
- 10Add the fettuccini and cook as directed on the package(about 10 inutes).
- 11Drain the noodles, toss lightly in about 1 cup of the sauce, then top with remaining sauce.
- 12Garnish with parsley sprigs and Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olives, Tomatoes, and Zucchini Red Sauce over Fettuccini
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.7
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 64.4 mg
- Sodium 256.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 11.9 g