Prep 4 mins
Cook 1 min
- 2 cups pitted oil-cured black olives
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic (or more if you wish!)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Pulse all ingredients in food processor until mixture is coarse but uniform.
This has become something I make every summer now! :-) Olives are quite high in iron (I was surprised this site didn't rate them higher ... perhaps I've been misinformed?), vitamin E and copper, so this dish is an easy way to obtain important nutrients while eating food that tastes delicious! I use good-quality capers preserved in oil (virtually salt free). Thanks for sharing it with us! ;-)
Great simple tapenade. You can add or subtract anything and use it in a variety of ways. Nice!