Recipe by Chef TanyaW
Delicious as an appetizer served over french bread. You'll love it if you love olives! The 2 hour Preparation shown is actually only about 10 minutes hands on. So this can be started a couple of hours or more before needed.
Top Review by CarolAT
Yummy tapenade for olive lovers. I usually make my tapenade with green olives so I decided to try something different since I really like black olives too. This is an easy recipe to make with great flavors. I only used 3 garlic cloves and found that the olive taste was a bit drowned out the the garlic. I will only use 2 garlic cloves the next time. Thanks for the recipe. Made for The Love Train 2012.
- 4 garlic cloves, cracked (may use less if you prefer a less garlicky flavor)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (I use Extra Virgin)
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, drained (I use about 1/3 kalamata for a zippier flavor)
- 1 sprig rosemary, fresh
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried parsley or 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon roasted red pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Crack garlic (smash it with the side of a chef's knife) and let sit in heated oil for 1-4 hours, then discard garlic.
- Combine oil and herbs and about 1/2 olives in food processor until minced small.
- Add remaining olives and pulse until chopped small, but not pureed.
- Serve on chunks of French or Italian bread.