Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious as an appetizer served over french bread. You'll love it if you love olives! The 2 hour Preparation shown is actually only about 10 minutes hands on. So this can be started a couple of hours or more before needed.
- 4 garlic cloves, cracked (may use less if you prefer a less garlicky flavor)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (I use Extra Virgin)
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, drained (I use about 1/3 kalamata for a zippier flavor)
- 1 sprig rosemary, fresh
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried parsley or 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon roasted red pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- Crack garlic (smash it with the side of a chef's knife) and let sit in heated oil for 1-4 hours, then discard garlic.
- Combine oil and herbs and about 1/2 olives in food processor until minced small.
- Add remaining olives and pulse until chopped small, but not pureed.
- Serve on chunks of French or Italian bread.