Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my favorite Tapenade recipe and I am putting it here for safe keeping.
- 1 1⁄2 cups black olives (such as Gaela or Kalamata)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 1⁄2 ounces anchovy fillets
- 1⁄2 cup capers
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- fresh black pepper
- Drain capers. Peel garlic. Pit olives.
- Put olives, anchovy fillets, garlic cloves and capers in a food processor or mortar. Mix until the mixture is a paste.
- Slowly add the olive oil and black pepper. Continue to mix until the paste is creamy.
- Cover with a film. Refrigerate.
- Tapenade can be stored in a refrigerator for 2 weeks, no more. Tapenade is excellent on bread and toast but also with potatoes.