Recipe by Heather N.
I got this recipe from: Southern Living, NOVEMBER 2000. My family just loves it and it's a nice alternative to traditional salsa. I'm super sensitive to hot spices so you'll notice the recipe doesn't call for any (as it came from S.Living) but feel free to experiment.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Easy prep for an unusual tasting salsa! Served this with both tortilla chips & yam chips ~ The latter seemed to be more in demand! The stuffed olives & lime juice gave it the flavor I liked the most! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]
- 3 -4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 (5 3/4 ounce) jar pimento stuffed olives, chopped (I also save the juice and add to taste)
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced (I use red onion)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- cilantro (optional, not part of the original recipe but I LOVE cilantro!) (optional)