Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from: Southern Living, NOVEMBER 2000. My family just loves it and it's a nice alternative to traditional salsa. I'm super sensitive to hot spices so you'll notice the recipe doesn't call for any (as it came from S.Living) but feel free to experiment.
- 3 -4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 (5 3/4 ounce) jar pimento stuffed olives, chopped (I also save the juice and add to taste)
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced (I use red onion)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- cilantro (optional, not part of the original recipe but I LOVE cilantro!) (optional)
- Combine all ingredients.
- Makes 2 cups.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Easy prep for an unusual tasting salsa! Served this with both tortilla chips & yam chips ~ The latter seemed to be more in demand! The stuffed olives & lime juice gave it the flavor I liked the most! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]