1/2 Photos of Olive Salad Clone
A few years ago I tasted the olive salad on the Muffuletta in N'awlins and I knew I had to learn to make it. After many trials and errors I think maybe this one is pretty close.We eat it on and with just about anything.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups pitted pimento-stuffed green olives
- 2 cups large pitted kalamata olives
- 3/4 cup carrot, chopped
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup pickled cauliflower, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mild pepperoncini pepper
- 1 1/2 cups marinated cocktail onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup capers, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil (app)
- 1Whisk together reserved olive brine, oregano,pepper and vinegar until well combined. Whisk in olive oil in a slow steady steam.
- 2Chop first seven ingredients. Look at my picture to give you an idea of the appearance. Blend all ingredients in a bowl.
- 3Pour dressing over salad and refrigerate at least 24 hours to allow the flavours to blend. Seal in jars.
- 4Keep in refrigerator.
- 5I use my processor on the Pulse Mode to chop my ingredients; be careful not to pulverize them; you have to be able to see what you are enjoying.
- 6Cooking time means refrigerator time.
- 7I'm sure folks from that area might find my recipe strange but I tried to bring back that special taste here @ home.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive Salad Clone
Serving Size: 1 (1321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1724.6
- Calories from Fat 1605
- Total Fat 178.4 g
- Saturated Fat 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2473.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.9 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento-stuffed green olives