Recipe by Lorac
A marvelous combination of flavors and textures. Serving at room temperature enhances the flavors and makes it perfect for brunches, buffets dinners, pot luck suppers, and summer meals. Add a green salad and garlic bread for a real taste treat
- 2 (15 ounce) cartons ricotta cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 (7 ounce) jar pimento stuffed olives, drained and sliced
- 4 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with basil, , Hunts (, Hunts)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350° F degrees.
- Combine cheeses, eggs and olives.
- Coat an 8" round cake pan with oil and sprinkle evenly with bread crumbs.
- Sread cheese mixtue evenly in pan.
- Bake 75 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Sauce: Combine tomatoes, oil, vinegar and capers.
- To serve, invert torte onto plate and cut into wedges, top with sauce.