Recipe by Crabbycakes
I found this in a new cookbook from the Visiting Nurses Ass'n. of Central Jersey. Thanks Karen Rossiter!
Top Review by mandabears
i don't believe i have not reviewed this incredible, delicous bread. easy and olivey and we love it. i always use kalamata olives because i love the strong flavor. i make it at least once a week and it usually lasts through one meal. yyuumm
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pitted olive
Directions See How It's Made
- Place rack in lower third of the the oven and preheat to 350F.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- Whisk together the first 5 ingredients.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk, and oil.
- Add the flour mixture and lightly mix together.
- add the nuts and olives.
- Stir until blended.
- Place batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes and unmold onto rack.