Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this in a new cookbook from the Visiting Nurses Ass'n. of Central Jersey. Thanks Karen Rossiter!
- Place rack in lower third of the the oven and preheat to 350F.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- Whisk together the first 5 ingredients.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk, and oil.
- Add the flour mixture and lightly mix together.
- add the nuts and olives.
- Stir until blended.
- Place batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes and unmold onto rack.
Pretty good stuff. A few changes I made: used hazelnuts instead of walnuts (didn't have any) and spread in a cast iron skillet to bake instead of a loaf pan (it cooked faster that way). Sprinkled the top with some extra rosemary and a generous pinch of kosher salt. Good stuff on a cold spring day like today.
Great recipe! Really quick to pull together and it's moist and tasty to boot :) I did alter it a little bit, more out of necessity than anything. I had no whole wheat flour, so I used all-purpose; I had no nuts, so I used a full cup of chopped black olives; since i had was adding extra olives, I double the rosemary. Next time, I might put in 2 tsp. instead of a 1/2 Tbsp. because it was still a tad too subtle (for me).
This is a very flavourful quick bread. I too found that the olive oil (for me) was too much. We had it toasted this morning for breakfast. DH just loves it. So will be making again. Thank you for sharing.