Recipe by Sassy in da South
The twist is the wonderful hash brown crust. This is so very good and makes a lovely dish for any brunch table, as well as for dinner.
- 1 (24 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, seeded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Press potatoes between paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Press into a greased 9-inch pie plate.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes, or until the crust rim is golden brown.
- Spread chilies, cheeses and olives over crust.
- Beat half-and-half with eggs, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture slowly into crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.