1/2 Photos of Olive, Preserved Lemon, and Goat Cheese Salad
1 hr 10 mins
Susiecat too's Note:
I found this recipe on the web somewhere, saved it, and have since forgotten where I found it. No matter -- it is divine! Serve with my Whole Wheat Flatbread if you like, or just dig in with a spoon or your fingers. Cooking time = letting the mixture sit for a while, just for the flavors to blend. Mmmmm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 preserved lemons, rinds only (set the flesh aside for another purpose or discard)
- 118.29 ml good black olives
- 1 small fresh garlic clove, peeled
- 14.79 ml minced fresh mint leaves
- 28.39 ml goat cheese, crumbled
- 226.79 g fresh Baby Spinach, washed and dried
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 59.14 ml toasted pine nuts
- 1Chop the preserved lemon rinds and olives together roughly until pieces are about 1/2 centimeter or smaller.
- 2Mince the garlic clove together with the mint leaves, and toss with the lemon rinds and olives.
- 3Allow to sit at room temperature for about an hour to allow flavors to mingle.
- 4Lay the spinach leaves together in a serving bowl, and scatter the preserved lemon rind and olive mixture over them.
- 5Drop the pieces of goat cheese evenly over the top, and drizzle with the olive oil and lemon juice.
- 6Sprinkle with the pine nuts.
- 7Toss gently and serve.
Browse Our Top Lemon Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive, Preserved Lemon, and Goat Cheese Salad
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.3
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 192.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: