I found this recipe on the web somewhere, saved it, and have since forgotten where I found it. No matter -- it is divine! Serve with my Whole Wheat Flatbread if you like, or just dig in with a spoon or your fingers. Cooking time = letting the mixture sit for a while, just for the flavors to blend. Mmmmm.
- 2 preserved lemons, rinds only (set the flesh aside for another purpose or discard)
- 1⁄2 cup good black olives
- 1 small fresh garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄8 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 lb fresh Baby Spinach, washed and dried
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Chop the preserved lemon rinds and olives together roughly until pieces are about 1/2 centimeter or smaller.
- Mince the garlic clove together with the mint leaves, and toss with the lemon rinds and olives.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for about an hour to allow flavors to mingle.
- Lay the spinach leaves together in a serving bowl, and scatter the preserved lemon rind and olive mixture over them.
- Drop the pieces of goat cheese evenly over the top, and drizzle with the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with the pine nuts.
- Toss gently and serve.