Recipe by Sue Lau
This has a little bit of a Greek flair with the olives and the feta cheese. Great for brunch or makes an easy appetizer sliced into individual wedges.
Top Review by So Cal Gal
This is sooooo good!! The salty olives and cheeses are delicious with the savory potatoes, onion, and garlic; and the onion and potatoes also add some nice texture! I scaled the recipe down to 2 servings; and used 1 teaspoon of dried oregano in place of the 1 tablespoon of fresh. And--instead of placing the frittata under the broiler (step #8), I put a lid on the skillet and let it sit (off heat) for a couple of minutes--to melt the cheeses on top (we have a very old oven/broiler...). I make frittatas and omelettes all the time, but never one quite like this; the Greek flair is wonderful! I'll definitely make this recipe again! Thanks so much for sharing it, Sue L!! (Tagged, made, and reviewed for Bargain Basement Game.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced red potatoes
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, cook potatoes, onion, and garlic in oil, covered, for 4-5 minutes.
- Lift lid and season with salt and pepper.
- With a large spatula, turn mixture over to cook on the other side, until potatoes are tender (you may need to turn potatoes one additional time).
- While potatoes are cooking, beat eggs in a bowl with oregano and salt.
- Pour the eggs over the potatoes when the potatoes have become tender.
- Sprinkle the top of the eggs with the olives, and cook until mixture almost sets (you may need to run a spatula around the edge and allow uncooked egg to flow beneath).
- Sprinkle frittata with feta and parmesan cheeses.
- Place frittata under the broiler and cook for 1-2 minute or until top is set.
- Cut frittata into wedges and serve hot.