Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from Southern Living. A quick, easy good for a week-night meal recipe. You need to like olives if you are going to try this one.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup sliced pimento stuffed olive
- Add the flour, salt, and pepper together in a mixing bowl or shallow dish.
- Dredge pork slices in flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet; cook pork slices in hot oil until browned on both sides.
- Add in green onions, dry sherry, water, marjoram, and basil; bring to a simmer.
- Add in mushrooms and olives.
- Cook pork for 4 minutes on each side or until tender.
This is SO good!!! The Sherry and olives add great flavor. I went ahead and cut my pork into strips, to help make stretch the meat a little. Served over some thin spagetti..Delish!!!