Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I make this concoction a LOT for parties! I slice it and serve it with olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping! AWESOME! Looks really nice, too!!
- 1 (11 ounce) packagerefrigerated French bread dough, unrolled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, more if needed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup chopped black olives
- 1⁄4 cup ground parmesan cheese, or grated is ok
- fresh coarse ground black pepper, just a little
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- more parmesan cheese
- Unroll dough onto a VERY lightly floured surface.
- Brush whole top with olive oil.
- Sprinkle evenly with rest of ingredients, except egg yolk and additional parmesan.
- Roll up, jelly-roll style starting from short end.
- Pinch seam to seal well.
- Place seam side down onto lightly greased baking sheet.Tuck ends under.
- Brush with egg yolk. Sprinkle with more parmesan cheese.
- Bake in 350º oven for 23-28 minutes til nicely golden brown.
- Cool a little bit, slice, serve with bread dipping oils, or just olive oil and balsamic vinegar slightly swirled together.
Here in the UK we don't have refridgerated or frozen bread dough, so I just made my own. Letting it rise once, then rolling it out and filling it, rolling it up and putting it straight in the oven. The flavours added are really good and if you like olives, you're gonna love this bread. I forgot to brush it with olive oil, but it still worked great. I'll be making this again. Thanks for sharing Kelly.
So yummy! I made this for Thanksgiving. Unfortunately my local grocery store didn't have frozen french bread dough so I had to use pizza dough. It didn't fluff up and fill in the gaps the way it has in the photos but it was still reasonably attractive and easy to eat and SOOOO GOOD! Will definitely make again but might increase the filling and will definitely try harder to find french bread dough (or make it)
Used green and black olives on this one. Great appetizer idea for a party we had with friends. Thanks Wildflour!